Sunday, February 12, 2012

Number Four, Take Two

It's been an interesting (and fantasic) week.

Last Sunday, as you know, I met Four (AKA Chance McGovern). When last I updated, I said that I really liked him and thought we got along well, but wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual. Well, as it turns out, the feeling IS mutual, which is amazing to me. He texted me on Tuesday, and we talked on Wednesday, and we made plans to see each other again on Friday.

After work on Friday, I went over to his place. He made me dinner. We saw a movie. We talked a lot. And by the time I left, I was completely giddy and weak in the knees and couldn't stop smiling. I'm STILL smiling! He's...Amazing. I don't want to go into too much detail of course, and I don't know how well I can articulate at this point anyway, so I'll just keep saying that...He's amazing.

That means I'm in a weird spot with this project. Chance is of course aware of this project but hasn't asked me to stop going on blind dates. I'm also trying really hard not to count my chickens before they hatch...As much as I like him, and as much as I think he likes me, I don't know what he really wants. I don't know if he wants a girlfriend or if he's happy just casually dating. And I don't want to get too attached to him, and then find out that he's not interested in anything long-term. So I'm trying not to get too attached to him, but at the same time, I really think (and hope) that this could go somewhere.

So I'm going to put a pause on this project. I'm not calling it off altogether, at least not yet...But I'm going to pause and see where things go with Chance.

I'll still update every once in a while with random musings, so stay tuned. And if things don't go the way that I'm hoping with Chance, I'll let you know and start looking for dates again. But I am crossing my fingers really, REALLY hard that this intelligent, attractive, witty, amazing guy will be in my life on a more long-term basis!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found someone you really like. You are a very nice woman and you deserve to have someone that makes you happy. Good luck on it continuing to work out for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to ask him what he wants! I have gotten three or four dates down the line and had someone tell me he isn't looking for a girlfriend. I'm going to guess that isn't the case with Number Four, but you should definitely ask to be sure. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (not that you asked for my opinion, but) do both! keep up with the project AND see where things might go with him. it will remind you to hold things with him loosely, it will help you to keep seeing what else is out there that YOU might want--it's too soon yet to know if HE is what YOU want. and if you are still open to going on casual dates with other men, it might make you more attractive to him. it lets HIM know you are not counting chickens or putting too much stock into your relationship with him too soon. this is fun! inspiring! i kind of want to go on 52 blind dates. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I enjoyed reading your blogs, I'm happy for you. Hopefully this will work out for you.

    ReplyDelete